Lexi Paige

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bling, Bling!

Someone got her ears pierced yesterday at the Claire's at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga!

 I know some people are totally against ear piercing for religious reasons and others feel it's cruel, but to each his own.  We aren't trying to decorate her or make her look prettier or anything like that.  My reasoning behind doing it while she's a baby is just because of my experience.  

I still to this day remember the terror I felt just anticipating getting it done.  I wanted my ears pierced so bad in elementary school but it took multiple trips to the mall before I finally built up enough courage to actually go through with it.  I remember one time on the short drive to the mall I sat in the back seat and pinched my ears repeatedly just wondering how bad it would hurt.  To make matters worse, I had to have them pierced twice because the first time we found out the hard way that I was allergic to nickel.  The anticipation was definitely worse than the process though.

As for Lexi, it seemed that sitting still was worse than the process.  She is such a wiggle worm these days and did not like me holding her head.  Her ears were pierced one at a time with a very small, white hole punch looking thing (much different than the loud airgun they used on my ears so many years ago) and she did beautifully.  She only cried for a minute and that was it.  Done.  She has no problem with us cleaning them, nothing!  I on the other hand was a nervous wreck.  I even grilled the worker on her experience and if they had to be certified & such, lol.  Poor girl.

No comments: