Oh how my belly's growing:
| Now we're just 3 weeks away!! |
How Far Along: 37 Weeks! 37inches around and 37cm top to bottom
Here's what's going on this week: (according to babycenter.com)
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.
My Total Weight Gain: 12 lbs.
Oh no, I'm loosing weight! When Edson & I went to the gym on Sunday morning I weighed myself & I had lost 2.8 pounds since last week's 149.8 pound weigh in. Yesterday I called the OBGYN nurse's station and have been playing phone tag with them ever since. Today I weighed in at 147 which means I'm still down a pound from 2 weeks ago. Is this a concern? I'm totally not hungry but have been able to eat more lately and have been working out way less (like 2 days a week I walk on the treadmill...less!). Edson's really concerned, but when we measured my belly yesterday it's still measuring right on target...37cm. BREAKING NEWS: A labor & delivery nurse just called me back and basically said there's nothing to be concerned about. She said towards the end your stomach has no room & it's just hard to put on weight for some people. Sounds good to me! We have an appointment on Friday with the Nurse Midwife so we'll see what she says!
Maternity Clothes: Still wearing smalls and mediums and prefer fitted rather than loose. Some of the fitted ones even fit funky because they're not fitted enough at the bottom so they just flair out.
Movement: She's still in the same position, I think, but has settled a little lower. Her little feet move around and either poke out of my right side in a funny looking lump, or they settle in front of my right rib cage in a little mound.
Sleep: Lately I haven't had a problem sleeping. I get up either once or twice to go to the bathroom, but that's it.
Cravings: None.
Symptoms: Just a growing belly and acid in my throat after anything I eat.
Best Moment this week: My multiple birthday celebrations, getting to see my friend Wilda who was in town from Hong Kong, and Edson & I completing more baby tasks.
And onto other things: Okay, so I finally went to REI & purchased our BOB stroller on Saturday!!! OMG, I was so excited! I also purchased the baby carrier attachment and put it all together :)
![]() | ||
| Thank you Gaga & Papa for Lexi's new ride!!! |
And Edson & I also installed the car seat in the SUV!
We've got the diaper bag packed for the hospital, our paperwork filled out, our birth plan typed out, and 2 diaper stations set up in the house. I think we're ready! Now all we're waiting on is Miss Lexi herself!!!!







2 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday to you!! Yaaaay for making it to 37 weeks...the countdown is on! I am so excited for you! I totally remember hitting 37 weeks and just feeling so anxious! Becoming a mommy is truly the best feeling on the planet...it's crazy how much you can love something so small! It is a love like no other. Anyways I am so happy for you guys!! PS You will love BOB! Me and BOB are BFF's! lol
Thank you for the birthday wishes & the sweet comments! I'm so excited for her to be here already!
I'm in love with BOB, ha-ha! I haven't exactly mastered opening it, but I don't have any complaints :)
When I got it I sent my mom a picture message & titled it "my new boyfriend, BOB"! Gotta love it!
Post a Comment